Get more information about how student loans work and how to manage your YourLoanAdviser account.
Create a YourLoanAdviser Account
If you haven't already, you must create your account to start the registration process. You can access your account information from anywhere and update your preferences and settings at any time.
- Ensure your contact information is up to date.
- Save a tree! Enroll to get all communication and important information from us sent to you electronically and in a timely fashion.
Include Your Student Loan Payment in Your Budget
- A repayment schedule and disclosure statement will be mailed approximately 45 days prior to the date repayment begins on the loan. The statement will provide important information about your payment terms:
- o Payment due date
- o Estimated amount due each month
- o Repayment term
- o Principal balance
- Is your due date right for you? We will pre-select a payment date for you. If that day doesn't work, please contact us to select a day that will.
Choose Which Payment Option Works for You
- Electronically: Use your account or enroll in a bill pay service through your financial institution to make a payment from any U.S. Bank or credit union account or debit card. Account access is simple, convenient and secure.
- Telephone: Call your student lending specialist at (877) 354-2629 and they will assist you with making a payment. There is no fee for this service.
- Mail: Mail your payment to YourLoanAdviser at PO Box 91910 Sioux Falls, SD 57109-1910
Make Your Payments On Time
- YourLoanAdviser reports monthly to each credit bureau.
- By making payments on time, you'll avoid accruing late fees, which will be added to your monthly payment.
- Payments are due monthly on your due date. However, you do not have to wait until the due date to make your payment. Paying early also ensures that late fees won’t be assessed.
- There are no prepayment penalties. Anytime you can pay more, or even pay off your loan, you’ll save interest and reduce the total amount paid on your loan.